* Game story – King of Fighter: Bloody Roar
The game’s story centers on a group of warriors known as “zoanthropes”, who have the power to transform into half-human half-animal “Beasts”, and the Tylon Corporation, an underground organization that seeks to use zoanthropes as mind-controlled weapons. The game received generally positive reviews from critics for its originality and graphics, while the audio received mixed opinions.
* Feature – King of Fighter: Bloody Roar
– Arcade: Challenge 8 contestants controlled by the computer before the Final Fight against Uriko. Win all the matches offers a ending cinematic peculiar to each fighters.
– VS (Versus): You can defy another player or the computer in a match.
* Gameplay – King of Fighter: Bloody Roar
At the beginning of each stage, both players have a set amount of energy that is used to activate “Beast Mode”, which causes the character to change into a Beast. Players may transform at any time after the letter “B” appears in the “Beast Indicator” below the players’ life energy indicators. The Beast Indicator appears blue when storing the energy needed for transforming. When the Beast Indicator is fully charged, the word “BEAST” appears, and the player can activate Beast Mode by pressing a certain button.
During Beast Mode, the amount of fighting moves available to the character increases, the character becomes heavier, 3% of the character’s life energy recovers and the character’s jumping ability increases. While in Beast Mode, the Beast Indicator turns yellow. The yellow area decreases according to damage sustained by the character. The yellow area does not recharge during the current round. When the yellow area completely depletes, the Beast Mode will negate when the character is hit by an effective technique from the opponent
* Characters – King of Fighter: Bloody Roar
· Alice the Rabbit
· Bakuryu the Mole
· Gado the Lion
· Greg the Gorilla
· Hans the Fox
· Long the Tiger
· Mitsuko the Boar
· Yugo the Wolf